The Lady with the Gun ask the Questions - Review

 

I was excited to receive my paperback copy of The Lady with the Gun asks the Questions and expected something like A Question of Death namely a collection of short stories with snippets in between of cocktail recipes, interviews and illustrations however this is not the case as this is simply a collection of stories with none of the fun extras. 

Fan who already own A Question of Death may be disappointed to find that this new book is simply a reprint of the stories from that book with four new stories although I'm sure that there are a few die-hard fans who will still purchase the book knowing this is the case just so they can read the new stories. This was certainly the case for me!

As for the four new stories; I have to say for me they were a mixed bag. I did not think the new stories were as good as the original shorts from A Question of Death but they were still filled with fun and frivolity. 

I'm sure those Phryne fans that have not already read A Question of Death will enjoy this anthology but for me there was simply not enough new content to constitute another book.  

The Lady with the Gun asks the Questions is published by Allen & Unwin and is available now!

I will give a more detailed synopsis of the four new stories in future posts

No comments:

Post a Comment